Monday, February 21, 2011

Greensboro Weekend

     I went to see my 'baby' brother's (he's 44, but being the youngest of six kids, he will always be the baby!!) college basketball team play in their last home game at Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina this past weekend. Normally I watch his home games and listen to his away games via announcers on the computer, so it was a treat to get to go to  Ragan-Brown Fieldhouse and watch a live game in person.
     My brother, Tom, is the men's basketball coach and Athletic Director at the college. From everything I have heard and seen he is highly respected, and I can see why. Tom is just a down to earth, hard-working,  nice guy. He brings out the best in his players and everyone else he comes into contact with. Guilford is a smaller school and every year his team has players who practice good sportsmanship and are respectful. Even when they lose their best players to graduation, they still play hard and win games.  I don't think any of this is a coincidence.
     The game was exciting, boasting two overtimes, but unfortunately, 'we' did not win. It was still really fun to watch and cheer with my nieces and nephews and the rest of the Guilford crowd. I got to meet the two announcers I have been listening to for years and to wave to my mom, sister, and husband on camera. Oh, the little things! And go, Quakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment